WHM Fundamental Weekend Norway
Time & Location
About the event
Corona update: We live in interesting times with the uncertainty of the current pandemic. We will follow the developments and update if anything changes. Of course we will follow the regulations closely.
In this weekend you will have the opportunity to go deep into the breathing techniques, mindset and cold exposure of the Wim Hof Method. We will work both indoors and outdoors in the unique location in Totenvika, norway. The course will help to deepen your opportunities to find happiness, health and strength. After this weekend you will be able to continue practicing by yourself.
- Douwe van den Berg is a senior WHM instructor (Level 3), breath coach and movement teacher. As WHM instructor he is teaching retreats internationally including ‘teaching the teachers’ for the whm academy. Douwe has a deep and broad background in meditation, martial arts, breathing exercises and other forms of training and will teach a unique set of simple exercises tailored to the Wim Hof method.
- Dr. Josephine Worseck was in a former life molecular biologist. Her fascination about science and the human body brought her to the Wim Hof Method. Apart from WHM instructor (level 2), she is yoga teacher, naturopath and author of a book about the cold. She is also teaching workshops and retreats internationally. In this weekend, she will assist Douwe and teach the science.
- Dr. Audun Myskja will be hosting this event. He is a medical doctor, specialist in family medicine, author, researcher, lecturer, and supervisor of the Norwegian National Center for Arts & Health and Care Sciences. Myskja has led a dozen national and international projects using music, song and dance, individualised exercise, breathing, relaxation and meditation.
What will you learn?
• Theory and philosophy of the WHM
• The role of mindset and focus in the WHM
• The breathing techniques in the Wim Hof Method
• Learning to relax under pressure
• Physical exercises to enhance the effects of breathing and cold exposure
• Ways of increasing body awareness and body intuition
• Controlled cold exposure in the lake
• Course location: Myskjatunet, Totenvegen 1233, 2848 Skreia
• Hours: Friday 8.05 at 18 - 21 Saturday and Sunday 9.5 and 10.5 from 10 – 17
• Course language: English
• Food: Lunch is included in the workshop.
• Price: NOK 4000, -
• Registration: mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +4764913990
• Accomodation: There are several different possibilities close to the location. Accomodation is not included in the price.